Major cruise line is currently looking for Flair Bartenders to join the Food & Beverage team. Flair Bartenders work under the direction of senior bartenders and keep guests entertained while expertly preparing their preferred beverages. They perform regularly at bar shows and have the ability to juggle, throw, and catch bottles, and perform other mixing tricks. Aside from possessing showmanship and knowledge of beer, cocktails, spirits, and wine, Flair Bartenders must be able to interact effectively with guests and all levels of employees. Faultless appearance, English proficiency, and at least one year of related beverage service experience, preferably in a four- or five-star restaurant, lounge, hotel, or cruise ship (shipboard experience is an advantage), are required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct himself/herself in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner during his/her physical and verbal interactions with guests and fellow shipboard employees at all times
* Report to the assigned bar/workstation on time, properly groomed and dressed according to Company standards; and follow his/her supervisor’s (Senior Flair Bartender/Senior Bartender/Assistant Bar Manager) instructions according to the Company’s rules and regulations
* Assist bartenders/senior bartenders in keeping the bar and pantry clean and organized, in preparing and serving drinks, mise-en-place; take orders, prepare drinks behind the bar, and/or take and deliver orders to seated guests with a tray; supervise the lounge in the absence of a Senior Flair Bartender
* Must be able to juggle, throw, and catch bottles; must be comfortable performing in front of a sizeable audience in varied locations; must be able to consistently prepare drinks in a manner that exudes showmanship and visual excitement
* Keep all assigned areas clean, USPH compliant, and visually appealing at all times; ensure that equipment is properly maintained and repaired
* Check and deliver stock requisitions; follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating, and storing products; ensure that adequate supplies are on hand at all times
* Effectively resolve guest complaints and make every effort to ensure that guest leave the bar lounge satisfied
* Contribute to F&B goals for increasing sales and boosting revenue
* Take initiative in learning all aspects of the Flair Bartender position
* Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s safety, quality, and environmental standards.