A. POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Division General Manager, job holder is responsible and accountable for the overall performance and P & L of the Parts & Service department:
- Drive the sales of Parts through directing and managing the sales team and day-to-day operation to achieve established sales target, profit margin and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for planning, developing and managing the service team in meeting both customers’ and the Department’s business objectives and expectations.
- Work in collaboration with both the local and regional management team members to plan and develop parts and service strategies for competitiveness and profitable growth in the target market segment.
B. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
(Major activities or end results for which this position is held accountable)
- 1. Sales Target, Business Development and Profitability
1.1 Sales and Profitability
i. Work in cooperation with the General Manager on matters relating to Country Performance such as establishing annual sales budget and preparing strategic business plan.
ii. Work in cooperation with regional management team to implement regional sales initiatives and action plan.
iii. Manage the sales team to achieve the overall sales budget and profit margin whilst ensuring that all sales activities and business processes are performed in accordance with the policies and procedure of the company.
iv. Promote and sell the assigned products to achieve sales and profit margin that are in line with the Company’s standard contract terms and conditions.
v. Identify and increase sales to inactive customers.
vi. Increase sales to existing customer through up-selling and cross-selling, where appropriate, by meeting with customers together with the scheduled meeting of the equipment sales team.
vii. Ensure maximum profitability through constant monitoring of costs/prices/margins and analysis of business information.
- Gather market intelligence and conduct competitor analysis in identifying parts sales strategies and opportunities.
- In cooperation with Company management, implement the established control mechanism in the division to limit risk exposure.
- Utilize and leverage on the use of the organization’s assets to drive efficiency and productivity in business.
- Maintain and update customers’ profile and identify potential demand and sales from customers’ historical data and equipment listing.
- Service and profitability
i. Work in cooperation with the General Manager on matters relating to country performance, such as establishing annual service budget and preparing strategic business plans.
ii. Work in cooperation with the regional management team to implement regional service initiatives and action plans.
iii. Manage the Service team to achieve the business targets whilst ensuring service activities and business processes are performed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Department and the Group.
iv. Work in cooperation with the regional management team to plan and execute service plans in line with regional and local strategies to ensure high productivity and efficiency.
v. Systematically and continuously develop and enforce strong relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers to gather market information in ensuring competitiveness in the market segment.
vi. Build good rapport and cultivate professional and effective business relationship with Principal Suppliers.
vii. Responsible to maintain high efficiency and productivity level of the team and to achieve high customer satisfaction index on all completed jobs.
viii. Establish, maintain and monitor manpower utilization with proper work schedule according to service activities.
ix. Ensure that the workshop equipment, special tools and service vehicles are adequate, and well maintained in accordance to the safety requirements of the Company as well as the authorities.
x. Responsible for timely and successful submission of warranty claims to Principal Suppliers and safekeeping of supporting documents.
xi. Ensure high quality of repairs in accordance to manufacturers’ repair standards and guidelines.
xii. Ensure timely completion of any reworks or service campaigns by Principal Suppliers.